We all know the importance of getting enough protein and eating low calorie healthy options. However it can be hard when you feel like eating something sweet as a snack or for dessert. That is where using your whey protein powder along with lower calorie options is a good choice. This protein pumpkin cupcakes with protein frosted icing on top may be just what you have been looking for.
Cook time: 15 min
Ready in: 25 min
Yields: Makes 12 cupcakes
Pumpkin Cupcake Ingredients
- 3 scoops Whey Protein
- 9 egg whites
- 3/4 Canned organic pumpkin
- 6 tbsp flax-seed
- 8 packets Stevia
- 3 tbsp unsweetened dark chocolate coca powder
- 2 tsp baking powder
Pumpkin Cupcake Instructions
- Preheat oven at 350 degrees. While its pre-heating, place cupcake liners into a 12 cupcake baking tin
- Blend all the ingredients together. It is best to use electric mixer or hand mixer if possible. Ensure it is well mixed.
- Place the mixture into the 12 cup muffin tin liners you prepared earlier. Divide mixture evenly as possible into the cups.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until cooked fully through. Use a toothpick to check if it is done. If toothpick comes out of a muffin clean then they should be ready
Protein Cupcake Frosting
- 1 cup vanilla whey protein powder
- 1 or 2 tsp of cinnamon for taste
- 2 packets Stevia or similar
- Mix all the ingredients together in a small bowl
- Slowly add water until smooth
- Spread evenly on top of the cupcakes
Hope you enjoy eating them and remember not to eat them all up at once. For more recipes or articles click here!