How to perform Squat Exercise
- When squatting make sure your back is straight and does not curl
- Begin with a nice solid stance. Most people say feet shoulder width apart
- As you squat make sure you bum goes back. As if your sitting in a chair
- Ensure your knees stay behind your toes. This way your body is not falling forward and placing added pressure on knee joints
- Go down as deep as you comfortably can
- Lastly, while keeping your feet flat on the ground, your going to push through your heels and stand back up.
- Repeat as many reps as needed
If you are interested in reading where some of the squat myth came from, if squats are bad for your knees, and why people should not be afraid of squats, then read this article here!